Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sooo Growing up finally at 40

    Well what's interesting to me at times is that people so often feel that after a certain age u have to grow up and that to many people seems to mean loosing your innocents at your ability to play and smile. I have always felt that no matter my age I am not to old to buy toys or read comics, dance around the house or watch cartoons. However the one thing I can't run or hide from is the fact that because of my diabetes's I have now had to take a more proactive approach to my health and how much control I have over it.
  What is so strange to me is I have been using this illness not as a weakness but as a source for discovering with in my self an inner courage to finally take a portion of my self and allow this part to grow up or better yet mature some and during this process I have found that the 1st time in years My weight is starting to lessen some and it's allowing me to experience new aspects of life that for awhile I thought were denied to me, such as clothing buying or bike riding. The fact is there is nothing I can't do if I want to do it, I just have to realize mind and body are two different things my mind may say "hey your not that old" my body may say "ah yup u are" but I have to know that, that's OK and I should never beat my self up over that fact because it's OK change takes time But I have to remember Fabulousness is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment