Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A crack in the Fabulous



   It seems to me that people telling you that your being strong is suppose to be seen often as a good thing. It seems that it's a sign that you can "Handle" anything and people know you have it together. However do you really have it as together as everyone thinks or are you really good at hiding behind the wall of happiness you have constructed to make everyone feel better when there around you.
    Right now I am going through the journey of moving across country once more and I have tried so hard to keep my wall's up and make sure that at all times I appear put together and in control and what I find is that the control is at times more for the people surround me because it puts them more at ease thinking that the journey or the stress is not getting to me and that I have got this.
  The fact is when people are telling you that during these times it's because there keeping that wall up and the story going but the truth is they may not have it. they may be over whelmed, or maybe in serious need of a good cry or drink or just someone to say {hey it's OK}. I know right now I don't want to hear "how" strong I am or what have you because it's not something it's helpful to me, I know I would  rather have a joke or a hug or ASK me how it's going and be OK with the answer even if it's not an answer that makes you comfortable.
  I know my wall is still there and it's fabulous but I'm getting better with being OK with the fact that my wall sometimes crack because I know the crack does not make me less fabulous and does not make me less OK. The Crack just makes me, me and I am OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment